I had quite an “ah ha!” moment this morning.
I woke up from a dream. It had been about people I hadn’t seen or spoken with in ages. There had been odd and even scary events in the dream, and yet nothing had seemed unusual, I had experienced no fear, and in fact – was filled with positive emotions.
It struck me that my experience in the dream had been so different from how I would have reacted in reality. I thought – “Isn’t it amazing the way the brain puts random ideas together, creating a story that’s completely made up?”
And then it hit me. Our brains do that 24/7.
All day long our brains are gathering information and making interpretations of the world around us. But ALL that is happening in the mind, just like a dream! It stands to reason then that we should be able to make up interpretations that support us, vs ones that don’t.
Should be easy, right? Why then do we not do that which is so obvious, and could change our whole life experience? The catch is we believe our thoughts are reality; we think they are real.
Therefore, it doesn’t occur to us to stop and re-frame what we experience. We just go along believing whatever we are thinking, and acting based on our made-up thoughts. But we don’t have to live that way!
Solving the negative thought challenge
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to begin to get your power back:
- Think of one thought you have that zaps your energy.
- What’s an energizing thought you could replace that one with?
What difference could this shift in your thinking make to your day, week, or even life?
This is all great in theory, but isn’t it a bit like a New Year’s Resolution? We start off with great intentions – to consciously design the thoughts we want to have. It is quite another to sustain that practice all day long – let alone day after day after day …
Here are three things you can do NOW
Since your mind is making it all up anyway, why not make up what you really want to think! Because whatever you think about, you bring about. Whatever you focus on grows. Here are three ways to get started right now.
1. Notice when your energy drops and STOP.
2. Write down what you were thinking. The more precisely you capture the real wording that’s going on in your head, the better.
3. Ask yourself, “is this what I want to believe?” If the answer is no, then STOP and write down what you want to be saying instead.
The Indian Chief
An old Cherokee Indian was speaking to his grandson. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too.”
The grandson thought about it for a long minute, and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”
The old Cherokee replied simply, “The one you feed.”
Which will YOU feed?
Reclaim your power in a special workshop
Through many years of helping myself and others sustain empowering thinking, I have discovered a system that actually works!
On March 14 I will be co-facilitating a workshop to help you reclaim your power by stopping negative thinking. I invite you to join me and participate in this extraordinary opportunity to reclaim your power.
You’ll discover the secret keys to unlocking your brain’s ability to halt negative thoughts, remove barriers that have held you back and open the door to the success you dream of achieving.
- Have you ever had negative self-talk that caused you to procrastinate, lie awake at night, or not want to get out of bed in the morning? You’ll learn how to overcome those power-killing thoughts.
- Have you ever had negative thoughts about your partner, family, friends, co-workers? By learning to remove those, you’ll empower your personal and work relationships.
- Have you ever had depressing thoughts about the world? When you discover the secret to eliminating these, people will be drawn to your positive energy and you’ll find yourself effortlessly achieving new wins in every area of life.
- What impact do these negative conversations have on you, others and the world? You will gain tools that help you empower those around you.
- How good are you at being all you desire to be? This system will open new doors to power in your life, so you can reach those goals you want but have not yet achieved.
I’m so passionate about helping you break through your barriers that I’m offering this workshop at a one-time-only 50% discount.
How you’ll benefit from this workshop:
- You’ll receive a blueprint for transforming these conversations.
- You’ll empower yourself with the opportunity to move forward in all aspects of your life.
- You’ll discover an opening for breakthroughs in your business, relationships, finances and even health.
I’m so passionate about helping you break through your barriers that I’m offering this workshop at half price.
Normally priced at $197, you can take advantage of this opportunity to empower your future for just $97.
Reclaim Your Power workshop
Date: Saturday, March 14
Price: Normally $197 One time only: Just $97! (Plus GST)
Space is limited. Register ASAP by calling Vicki Fenn at 778-882-8911